» 

» 

Atmosphere?

Atmosphere? Options
dmetria
Posted: Friday, April 27, 2012 7:19:48 PM

Groups: Member

OK...so here's my question(s)...

What is the atmosphere on an SC group cruise? I'm 43 and I am not into the party all night, drink like crazy thing, but don't want to feel like the experience was dull. Also, is there a difference in atmosphere from the 30s-40s cruises vs the 40s and over cruises?

I have decided that I am definitely going on a cruise within the next year, and since I have no single female friends (or even married ones) that can go with...I think going on a group cruise would be perfect.

Thanks!
JH1OHIO
Posted: Friday, April 27, 2012 7:38:40 PM

Groups: Member , Singles Cruise Star Board Group

I have been on a few Singles Cruises and my experiences have been different. There are generally plenty of different types of personalities and you will find some people easier to relate to and hang around with.

There are private message boards, chat rooms and from what I hear Facebook (lol) to get to know some of your fellow cruisers before the trip....i am one of the last hold outs from Facebook. There is also a pre-cruise party held at a hotel close to the port of your cruise the night before the cruise.

I have only been on all age cruises and find most mingle together without hang up of age.

You live life only once and it would be a pity if you never try this. Do it while you are still single and free!!

John

Past Singles Cruises:
July 2003 (3 day July 4th from Miami)
April 2008 (4 day from New Orleans)
November 2008 (7 day ATC - Miami)
May 2009 (3 day from Miami)
September 2009 (3 day Bahama from Cape Canaveral)
June 2010 (4 day from Ft. Lauderdale)
November 2010 (Carnival Splendor Cruise to Nowhere from Long Beach)
May 28 2011 (7days on the Dream)
May 13 2012 (7 Days! Carnival Splendor Mexican Riviera) - Survivor CABO
May 2013 - 7 days from San Juan (Survivor Barbados)
dmetria
Posted: Friday, April 27, 2012 8:06:27 PM

Groups: Member

This is definitely something I am doing. Thanks for the reply! (No facebook? *gasp* hehe)

Another question I just thought of, besides the cost of the cruise itself, how much can a person expect to spend on average btwn drinks (not into the alcohol that much, but def a soda drinker), excursions, and other expenses? (ie: at least as much as you paid for the cruise? or more?) I am thinking a 7 day cruise/no shorter than 5 days because otherwise I think it would be over way too soon.
JH1OHIO
Posted: Friday, April 27, 2012 8:33:48 PM

Yes, I like to be different. Since I am nice I will try to answer and there will be no charge for it (lol).
Beer is close to $6, including a tip. The tropical drink of the day is between $7 to $8. I think you can pay about $25 to get a soda pass for the trip. There is a cafe where prices are about $4-$5 a mocha.

Excursions are generally cheaper thru Singles Cruise. Our group has organized a cheap beach party and even cheaper Survivor Cabo excursion. There is no requirement to go on excursions. You can visit the ports free if you want to walk to see things.

Whatever you buy on the ship is up to you, but is charged to your account. Thus cash is not required.

A cruise is really a cheap way to travel.

(no, I am not getting a commission for this...lol...good luck!

Past Singles Cruises:
July 2003 (3 day July 4th from Miami)
April 2008 (4 day from New Orleans)
November 2008 (7 day ATC - Miami)
May 2009 (3 day from Miami)
September 2009 (3 day Bahama from Cape Canaveral)
June 2010 (4 day from Ft. Lauderdale)
November 2010 (Carnival Splendor Cruise to Nowhere from Long Beach)
May 28 2011 (7days on the Dream)
May 13 2012 (7 Days! Carnival Splendor Mexican Riviera) - Survivor CABO
May 2013 - 7 days from San Juan (Survivor Barbados)
CCBears
Posted: Sunday, May 13, 2012 4:32:14 PM

dmetria wrote:
This is definitely something I am doing. Thanks for the reply! (No facebook? *gasp* hehe)

Another question I just thought of, besides the cost of the cruise itself, how much can a person expect to spend on average btwn drinks (not into the alcohol that much, but def a soda drinker), excursions, and other expenses? (ie: at least as much as you paid for the cruise? or more?) I am thinking a 7 day cruise/no shorter than 5 days because otherwise I think it would be over way too soon.

I'm not much of an alcoholic drinker and when I do, it's usually my own mixture ... the soda card for a 7-day cruise is $45 which is unlimited at any bar (they put a sticker on your sign & sail and you just show that each time) - beneficial if you have your own liquor - mix your own ;)

Excursions, you'll typically have those planned out ahead of time. In general, my tab is usually around $200-300 on-board (pictures, drinks, soda card, miscellaneous) + excursions ($50-500 depending what you want to do) ... there's always the option of making it a beach day & grabbing a few people and laying around on a local beach at the ports which is usually less than $20 for cab fare (I bring the big bottle of water w/me from the ship) - cheaper if you split or can walk to the beach. I like walking through the shops & picking up trinkets too.

Again, depends how you want to plan out your vacation and how much budget you want to spend. The only thing that will be flexible is your on board spending account - you should know your excursion budget before you get on the ship. Automatically budget $75 for tips that will automatically be deducted plus an additional amount for your cabin steward ($20-30ish depending how messy you are) - the rest is up to you. You can see your sign & sail card current spending on the tv in the rooms, so you can watch/monitor it closely.

Enjoy your cruise!!

~April~

UPCOMING CRUISES:
20/30s (SC) - Carnival Sunshine - 05/2014
20/30/40s Halloween (VTG) - NCL Getaway - 10/2014

FORMER CRUISES:
Halloween (VTG) - RCCL Oasis of the Seas - 10/2013
20/30s (SC) - Carnival Freedom - 03/2013
20/30's (SC) - Carnival Dream - 04/2011
20/30's (SC) - Carnival Valor - 04/2010
Bahamas (SC) - Carnival Sensation - 09/2009
20/30's (SC) - Carnival Truimph - 04/2009