cruises@singlescruise.com

ANNOUNCEMENT!

We invite you to join our NEW community and message boards HERE.

We are very excited to give our single friends a completely upgraded and more social experience. We understand that some users will still have some items on this board, and will allow access to it for a while. However, we invite you to move the conversation to the new platform, we think you'll have a LOT more fun with it...try it, you'll like it!

Come Visit Us At Our New Community

Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

» 

» 

» 

Is there a Catholic Mass available on Sunday?

Is there a Catholic Mass available on Sunday? Options
HudsonValleyJoe
Posted: Tuesday, January 11, 2011 4:13:47 PM

Groups: Member , Singles Cruise Star Board Group

Hello everyone,

I am a real newbie, making first ever cruise.... so be gentle Pray

I will be going on the Feb 5th Super Bowl cruise and was wondering if they have a Sunday mass onboard or if I would need to find a church in the Bahamas?

PS-I am a Jets fan, but am kind of hoping they don't make it to the SB. I can get a bit loud watching them
Omegaman
Posted: Tuesday, January 11, 2011 5:45:48 PM

HudsonValleyJoe wrote:
Hello everyone,

I am a real newbie, making first ever cruise.... so be gentle Pray

I will be going on the Feb 5th Super Bowl cruise and was wondering if they have a Sunday mass onboard or if I would need to find a church in the Bahamas?

PS-I am a Jets fan, but am kind of hoping they don't make it to the SB. I can get a bit loud watching them
Hey Joe, There was a time when passenger ships carried chaplains on a regular basis. Depending on the line you could have your choice of Protestant or Jewish service or Catholic Mass. Today you might be lucky if a vacationing padre is on board and and lets it be known that he will say Mass in the ships chapel. Cruise ships do have chapels, even today. Two years ago my friend Maureen lucked out on the Solstice. A Jesuit Priest was aboard and said Mass every morning. She was happy and I slept in to recover from the night before. Sorry to hear that you're a Jets fan. It's OK though. God still loves ya. TK ps, best thing to do is check with the Pursers desk when you board the ship. They will know if a padre will be saying Mass.

Don Tomaso
gadyer
Posted: Tuesday, January 11, 2011 8:03:03 PM

Welcome aboard Joe. I believe the island we will be on Sunday will not have a church as it is a primitive private island. As Don stated there is a good possibility of some kind of service onboard but what denomination is hard to tell.

Greg / Missouri

Past Cruises
Jan 2010 SC Winter Blast Carnival Freedom
Feb 2011 SC Super Bowl Carnival Liberty
March 2011 SC Spring Fling Carnival Glory
Jan 22 2012 VTG Celebrity Solstice
Jan 29 2012 SC Superbowl Carnival Miracle

Reunions
Nashville 2011

Future Cruises
Oct 28 2012 VTG Ruby Princess
Nov 10 2012 SC Carnval Valor
Dec 1 2012 VTG Celebrity Summit
Dec 8 2012 SC Carnival Breeze
Dlljet1
Posted: Tuesday, January 11, 2011 8:25:36 PM

Hey Joe,welcome aboard the Super Bowl cruise,you are going to have a wonderful time!! I too forgive you for being a NY Jets fan!! Is that why you want a Sunday mass,to pray for your team before they face my Patriots??!! JK LOL Don't worry too much about no mass service,God loves you and He knows you love Him,I say my prayers all the time,just invite Him along on the cruise,He'll be with us,mass or no mass!!
Pray Applause Anxious
PDXJim
Posted: Tuesday, January 11, 2011 10:42:03 PM

Welcome aboard Joe!!

Jim / Portland, OR

Past Cruises
Carnival Liberty April '2008 - Western Caribbean
Princess Sapphire Sept. '2010 - Alaska
1st SC cruise on Carnival Liberty Feb '2011 - Eastern Caribbean - SUPER BOWL Cruise

Future Cruises
Carnival Splendor - Mexican Riviera Halloween Cruise - Oct 30th to Nov 6th, 2011
Carnival Miracle-Ft. Lauderdale on January 29, 2012 - February 6, 2012

Reunion
Nashville - April 29th - May 1st, 2011
RickBrown1
Posted: Wednesday, January 12, 2011 10:32:58 AM

"Hey" Joe - As with the others, welcome aboard.....Everything has been said about mass
on the ship, however, as far as a chapel, church, etc. at Half Moon Cay, No. This is a
privately owned Carnival Island, strictly for their cruise ships and enjoyment of the beach,
however, they do offer a couple of excursions including horseback riding, etc. It is mainly
for the sun, beach, and the ships crew tenders over a buffett lunch and their are drinks
available. It will not be a long day for everyone that will be involved in the Super Bowl Game,
as people will be scrambling to find areas on the Lido to watch the game. Hopefully, Harvey
will have a reserved spot for us, but I do know that Carnival does not let anyone reserve
chairs, etc. so it will be interesting to see how that works out. As long as I have a bucket
of beer and a place to sit, I will be happy. Looking forward to meeting you and everyone else on this cruise.................

Rick - Cordova, TN.

Past Singles Cruises:

Carnival Liberty .................Feb, 2009 -- (SinglesCruise.com)
Carnival Liberty..................September, 2009 Labor Day -- (SinglesCruise.com)
Carnival Valor ....................November, 2009 "Boomer" -- (SinglesCruise.com)
Carnival Dream................................(Halloween) October, 2010 (SinglesCruise.com)
Carnival Miracle................................November. 2010 40+ (SinglesCruise.com)
Carnval Liberty.................................Feb. 2011 - SuperBowlCruise (SinglesCruise.com)
Carnival Liberty................................April, 2011 40+ (SinglesCruise.com)

HudsonValleyJoe
Posted: Wednesday, January 12, 2011 1:11:34 PM

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. Angbaird what happened on last cruise to cause the concern for prayer?
gadyer
Posted: Wednesday, January 12, 2011 7:14:10 PM

Come on Angie we now what you meant. There is a difference between prayers and confession.

Greg / Missouri

Past Cruises
Jan 2010 SC Winter Blast Carnival Freedom
Feb 2011 SC Super Bowl Carnival Liberty
March 2011 SC Spring Fling Carnival Glory
Jan 22 2012 VTG Celebrity Solstice
Jan 29 2012 SC Superbowl Carnival Miracle

Reunions
Nashville 2011

Future Cruises
Oct 28 2012 VTG Ruby Princess
Nov 10 2012 SC Carnval Valor
Dec 1 2012 VTG Celebrity Summit
Dec 8 2012 SC Carnival Breeze
Dlljet1
Posted: Wednesday, January 12, 2011 8:42:25 PM

OMG Greg that was comical!! Angie I am sorry I am laughing!! Silenced Sick Pray Anxious
HudsonValleyJoe
Posted: Thursday, January 13, 2011 11:08:31 AM

Angie, Maybe I should cancel this cruise, based on your track record? I am joking.
HudsonValleyJoe
Posted: Thursday, January 13, 2011 11:10:41 AM

By the way, I am staying at Miami Beach Resort & Spa on the 4th. I am planning to take the SC shuttle to the port. I read the messages about sharing a taxi, but I thought standing in line offers me the chance to socialize more with comparable 1st time cruisers
CindyV
Posted: Thursday, January 13, 2011 11:28:22 AM

HudsonValleyJoe wrote:
By the way, I am staying at Miami Beach Resort & Spa on the 4th. I am planning to take the SC shuttle to the port. I read the messages about sharing a taxi, but I thought standing in line offers me the chance to socialize more with comparable 1st time cruisers

I actually enjoy riding the shuttle with the cruisers. Its a great way to meet some people that I haven't met. Its a very fun silly ride.

CindyV - Iowa

Past Cruises
08/28/03 RC Enchantment of the Seas - Girls
02/29/04 Carnival Conquest Packer Fan Cruise
08/02/04 Carnival Imagination - Girls
10/30/06 SC -Carnival Spirit -Halloween Option 2 Mexican Riviera
01/21/07 Caribbean Princess - Girls
04/18/07 SC -MSC Lirica - 11 days
03/29/08 SC -Spring Fling Carnival Liberty
11/30/08 SC -ATC Carnival Triumph
12/07/08 SC -Boomers Carnival Miracle
12/06/09 SC -ATC Carnival Miracle