» 

» 

» 

New To Cruising

New To Cruising Options
annelv
Posted: Friday, March 16, 2012 11:00:47 PM
Groups: Member

I'm looking to go on a cruise in April 2013 on Carnival Breeze. I'm considering a hosted single cruise. 8 days to Eastern Carribean. Worried I won't meet people. Can anybody give me the low down on what it's like. Are you required to do all the hosted events? Can you mingle with others who aren't with the group? Any information would be helpful Thanks, :)

-
TomOhio
Posted: Saturday, March 17, 2012 4:12:10 PM

Groups: Member , Singles Cruise Star Board Group

When on a singles cruise, they do have various events for the group only. You are not required to attend but it is the best way to get to know others in the group. As far as mingling with others not in group, you basically can mingle with passenghers not in the group however those not in the group are not invited to join the group.

The group also has a section of the dining room where you can pretty much sit with whoever you want to sit with for the dinners. Usually they have special land tours/events that are also open to those in the group.

Hope this helped

Have been on 66 total cruises and hope to do many more

Last one I was on with SC was the Boomer cruise Nov. 2013
iwon24u
Posted: Sunday, March 18, 2012 7:13:03 PM

I have done 9 of these and let me tell you there will be no problem meeting people within the group. If you mean the "the love of your life" I won't tell you that will happen but if you are open and friendly you will find plenty of great people. The reason SC does dinner together & plans activities is so that you get a chance to meet and mingle. I always advise a 1st timer to get involved and go to a few things....dance class and Battle of the Sexes Trivia game are always fun. Trust me, if you are willing to be open & friendly you will have no problem meeting people & they do put you at dinner together.

You can mingle with whomever you like but then you are going to cheat yourself out of great people who are a part of your group. Just be yourself and be friendly because this whole group is all there for the same purpose. Now keep in mind I won't tell you won't meet someone special because that has happened as well & some of them are now married. You get what you want out of this vacation and if you go with an open mind and the attitude that you are going to have fun then you will meet tons of people & have a blast.

Jerry
lunafun
Posted: Tuesday, March 20, 2012 9:50:42 PM
Groups: Member

I really love traveling and cruises! but nervous about traveling alone for the first time. I'm really just interested in making some new friends to travel and visit. What are the male/female ratios within the group? ~luna
browerks
Posted: Wednesday, March 21, 2012 3:35:02 PM

lunafun wrote:
I really love traveling and cruises! but nervous about traveling alone for the first time. I'm really just interested in making some new friends to travel and visit. What are the male/female ratios within the group? ~luna

The Mexican Riviera Cruise has about 60 signed up right now and the ratio is about 50/50. I felt the same way, wanted to travel but didn't feel comfortable going alone. This is my first time, however a lot of our group consists of seasoned cruisers and everyone is so nice.

Kami
Kagon
Posted: Sunday, March 25, 2012 4:22:59 PM

Hi Guys! I am new to the group and trying to decide what one will be my first cruise. I was thinking the NYE but Im open to suggestions. Anybody have any? Im 42 and a single mom to two boys. I just need to get away for ME...:)

Past Cruises

May 2011 Carnival Dream

Future

October 2012 Halloween on the Valor
barriebythebay
Posted: Sunday, March 25, 2012 6:57:40 PM

There is an 8 day over 40's cruise in november! It will be an awesome cruise!

Don
SC Epic Nov ,2011
Future
SC Valor Nov, 2012
Kagon
Posted: Monday, March 26, 2012 4:07:24 PM

Im going to check it out now. Thanks for the suggestion!!

Past Cruises

May 2011 Carnival Dream

Future

Kagon
Posted: Monday, March 26, 2012 4:09:42 PM

Bummer, I did St. Maartin and St. Thomas last May. Was hoping to do a couple different Isands this time. :( I have heard good things about that ship though!

Past Cruises

May 2011 Carnival Dream

Future