6 Night Iceland Explorer (Land Based)
Our itinerary in Iceland revolves around a 6 night stay in downtown Reykjavik. Highlights include the Golden Circle tour, a Northern Lights tour, an Icelandic horse ride, and the world famous Blue Lagoon.
Arrival Date: October 22, 2017
Arrival City: Reykjavík, Iceland (Where are we going?)
Ages: All Ages
Deposit is Non-Refundable
Per person | Deposit: $650
Deposit is Non-Refundable
Where are we going, what are we doing??
Well we can tell you this...you won't be bored! We have some great times planned. Check out our stops!
10/22/17 (Sunday) - Arrival Day, Airport To Hotel Transfer, Group Welcome Get Together Dinner
Enjoy complimentary transportation aboard the Flybus to our group hotel.
Spend the day relaxing and taking in the sites. We'll have an optional afternoon walk and tour of downtown Reykjavik.
We'll meet up that night for a Welcome Get Together Dinner.
- Flights arrive early into Iceland so our hotel room might not be ready upon our arrival. If not, you will be able to store your luggage at the hotel. We also have breakfast that first day so you'll be able to enjoy something to eat.
10/23/17 (Monday) - Reykjavík Grand Excursion (3.5 hours)
The Reykjavík Grand Excursion is a detailed and comprehensive introduction to Reykjavik's past and present.
We visit Hallgrímskirkja church, one of Iceland´s most impressive landmarks; The Pearl, with its fabulous viewing deck; Reykjavík City Hall, with its striking raised-relief map of Iceland (when available); and pass by Höfði House, where Reagan and Gorbachev met in 1986 to begin the process of ending the Cold War. We also drive through the city centre, the harbour area, the University of Iceland campus, past the Elliðaár river, and through Laugardalur valley.
Our expert guide provides all the essential information about Reykjavík´s rich culture, history and natural environment.
10/24/17 (Tuesday) - Golden Circle Tour (8.5 hours)
The Golden Circle needs little introduction: it includes some Iceland's most stunning sights. You will see the hot spring Strokkur shoot a column of water up to 30 metres (98 ft.) into the air every 4-8 minutes – a thrilling experience that just never gets old. We also visit the magnificent Gullfoss (Golden Falls) waterfall, created where the river Hvítá tumbles and plunges into a crevice some 32 m (105 ft.) deep. Our tour also includes the historical and geological wonder that is Þingvellir National Park, where the American and Eurasian tectonic plates are pulling apart at a rate of a few centimetres per year.
We'll have an amazing buffet lunch at the Hotel Geysir.
10/25/17 (Wednesday) - FREE DAY, Northern Lights Tour (3.5 hours)
Enjoy a free day to explore on your own or with other members of the group.
Later that night, we'll enjoy our Nothern Lights Tour.
The Northern Lights, also known as the Aurora Borealis, are a spectacular natural phenomenon, often seen dancing around in fantastic colours across the Icelandic Arctic sky. They are caused by the interaction of particles from the sun with the upper atmosphere near the North Pole.
The locations visited are different every tour since we go where it's most likely to see the Northern Lights each day.
- This tour is depending on weather and sightings are not guaranteed.
10/26/17 (Thursday) - Icelandic Horseback Lava Field Tour (3 hours)
Horse riding in Iceland among lava fields. This tour gives you a great opportunity to get to know the Icelandic horse and to experience horse riding in Iceland.
On our ride you will go through the lava fields surrounding Mt. Helgafell volcano to the old Kaldársel sheep corral or to Lake Hvaleyrarvatn. View rough lava fields and look for different formation in the lava. The beautiful Bláfjöll Mountains tower above on the horizon.
- Due to safety reasons no pregnant women are allowed on the tour. Weight limit maximum is 240 lbs.
- Route may change according to season and weather.
10/27/17 (Friday) - Blue Lagoon Visit
What visit to Iceland would be complete without a visit to the famous Blue Lagoon, a not to be missed attraction. Nothing can be compared to the the unique experience to soak up the scenic beauty and enjoy breathing the clean, fresh air while relaxing in the warm geothermal seawater
10/28/17 (Saturday) - Departure Day, Hotel To Airport Transfer
Checkout time is noon and we don't leave for Keflavík Airport until early afternoon so you have plenty of time to get in some last minute sightseeing and shopping.
Final Trip Notes
- Depending on the size of our group, some of our activities will be part of a larger public group excursion since a large motorcoach is the vehicle of choice in Iceland.
- The hotel, activities, or their order may change and/or be cancelled to circumstances beyond our control. In the event this happens, we will try our best to make similar accommodations or changes.
More than just a vacation!
When you join SinglesCruise.com on this amazing vacation, you'll enjoy all the fabulous experiences of Iceland PLUS an invitation to join in some great activities throughout our travels!
- Never Travel Solo host for the entire week.
- Tours and admissions for all attractions listed on the itinerary.
- 6 Nights Accommodations at the CenterHotel Miðgarður.
- 7 buffet breakfasts at the hotel restaurant, including the day of arrival.
- Welcome Get Together Dinner.
- Buffet lunch at Hotel Geysir.
- Roundtrip transfers from Reykjavik Airport to our group hotel.
- A visit to the world famous Blue Lagoon.
- All taxes, surcharges, and porterage charges.
- Tips for all tour guides and bus drivers.
- If you would like to use our roommate matching service, we guarantee you a roommate as long as you're a complete non-smoker, you deposit 120 days prior to trip departure, and there is space available. Don't let not having a roommate keep you from going on this amazing trip!
- Final payment is due July 21, 2017.
- All payments non-refundable.
- This trip is LAND-ONLY. It does not include airfare.
Do you need an airline ticket for your upcoming singles vacation? We are happy to put you in touch with our air department for a complimentary quote on airfare for your trip.